We acknowledge the Wallumattagal as the prior Aboriginal owners of this area.
Sydney Movement for the Ordination of Women
We support the full & equal role of women in society and in the ministry of the Church.
St Mark's & All Saints' Churches, Anglican Parish of Hunters Hill
Anglican Parish of Hunters Hill, Diocese of Sydney
This parish is in the mainstream tradition of liturgical worship of the worldwide Anglican Communion. Our beliefs and practices are based on the three-fold authority of:
- THE BIBLE - the careful study of the Holy Scriptures,
- TRADITION - what we learn from faithful men and women who have followed Christ over 2000 years, and;
- REASON - the working of the Spirit of God in and through the mind and conscience of people.
We are ecumenical in approach and seek to cooperate with other Christians and denominations to express unity in Christ. The parish draws regular worshippers from the local district and from further afield. It's two centres St Mark's in Figtree Road (off Ryde Road) (1858, with its historic 1845 Kinloch Organ) and All Saints' (cnr Ferry & Ambrose Streets) (1888 with its original, now completely restored Bevington Organ), are fine stone buildings listed by the National Trust.
You are invited to join our friendly families and worship with us!
This page last updated 10/03/2008 Top of page