We acknowledge the Wallumattagal as the prior Aboriginal owners of this area.
Sydney Movement for the Ordination of Women
We support the full & equal role of women in society and in the ministry of the Church.
St Mark's & All Saints' Churches, Anglican Parish of Hunters Hill
Marriage Preparation is open to all interested - to those trying to decide about marriage, to those who are engaged, those married in the last year or so, and those previously married. Members of other churches and those without religious convictions are welcome.
There are three aspects of the preparation:
- Couples are invited to join regularly in worship to explore the spiritual dimensions of their relationship with God and each other.
- In private sessions the couple work with the minister or trained Counsellors using PREPARE - Pre-marital Personal & Relationship Evaluation - to explore together the strengths of their relationship and areas which need special attention or work.
- Along with other couples preparing for marriage, or recently married, they attend a weekend course with experienced, professional marriage counsellors. The two-day courses run several times per year and cover the following topics:
- Family of origin
- Effective conflict resolution
- Roles and expectations in marriage
Course costs are included in the total wedding package fee and covers the professional fee of the leaders, afternoon tea, morning tea and lunch, and all materials. If you have special dietary requirements please let the Chcurch office know well beforehand.
Enrolment forms and answers to any queries are available from the Church office.
The courses are supplemented with the PREPARE/ENRICH Program, a variety of couple exercises that are designed to encourage you to talk with each other and to plan together how to deal with a variety of important topics.
PREPARE Pre-Marriage Counsellors: Mrs. Pamela Alvarez JP (h) 9816 5159; Mrs. Yvonne McKittrick (h) 9894 0456.
This page last updated 07/05/2013 Top of page